Welcome to Preset.
Preset makes it easy to level up your mindset so you can perform at your best.
Maintaining the privacy of your information is of paramount importance to us as it helps foster confidence, goodwill and stronger relationships with our users.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Here’s a description of the categories of information we may collect when you interact with our Service, and examples of how we use the specific types of information.
Information You Provide Us
- Information uploaded by you on the App, such as your responses to interactive modals, comments, and session preferences and saves.
- Communications that we exchange with users when they contact us and use our support services. We also collect your information when you wish to set an e-meeting with us, to share with us your ideas about new features you would like to see on Preset or when providing us with your feedback.
Information We Receive From Your Use of the Service
- Information that we automatically collect to protect you, other App users and the public, such as IP addresses, hashed version of your password and encrypted version of your encryption key.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information to:
Provide our Service, including to:
- Operate the App, the Site and our business;
- Create and maintain your account;
- Process your payments and manage your subscriptions;
- Maintain and improve the App, the App’s features, and the Service;
- Develop new products and services;
- Communicate with you about the App by sending you push notifications or text messages with announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, if you have enabled that functionality;
- Provide support for the App and Site, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback;
- Prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks;
- Comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of feature releases or providing content that we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of our email, push or text-message marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below. Please note that we may periodically send you transactional emails even after you opt out of direct marketing.
Research and development. We may use your information to analyze the effectiveness of our Service, to improve and add features to our Service, and to analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our Service.
Support and maintenance. We use third party analytics services to automatically log certain information about your mobile device and how you interact with the App. The information collected is used to troubleshoot and prevent errors, perform data analysis, and develop new features.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to:
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information. In the ordinary course of business, we may share personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as payment processors, providers of subscription and billing services, analytics service providers, marketing service providers, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email communication service providers, push notification, text message service providers).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary to: a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); b) enforce our Terms of Service; and c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Preset or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Cookies, text files which are stored on your computer or other device when you visit the Site or interact with the Service.
Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
SDKs, which are blocks of code provided by our partners or service providers that may be installed in our mobile applications. SDKs help us understand how you interact with our mobile applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application.
c. Google Firebase Crashlytics (provided by Google LLC), used to get crash reports and metrics and to derive analytics information regarding the use of the App, including by collecting identifiers for mobile devices (including Android Advertising ID and Advertising Identifier for iOS). Firebase Crashlytics retains crash stack traces, extracted minidump data, and associated identifiers (including Crashlytics Installation UUIDs) for 90 days. To learn more about how Google uses data when you use the App please read here.
g. Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. These cookies help us analyze how users use the Site and enhance your experience when you use the Site. For more information on how Google uses this data, go to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the communications we send you.
Opt out of push notifications. If you opt-in to receive push notifications within the App, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device from time to time. You can deactivate push notifications and alerts at any time by changing your device settings, changing the push notification settings within the App, or deleting the App.
Opt out of text communications. If you opt in to receive text message communications, we may send SMS messages to your mobile device from time to time. You may opt out of marketing-related text messages at any time by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the communications we send you. Message and data rates may apply.
Online tracking opt out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Site from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:Google: www.adsettings.google.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/about/ads
Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: outout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
OTHER SITES AND APPS
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to us via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App, or third party websites.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
HOW TO CONTACT US
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to consumers in California, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA grants California residents the following rights:
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Opt out of sale of your personal information. We do not sell personal information. We offer instructions on how to limit online tracking in the Online Tracking Opt Out. The CCPA limits these rights. For example, companies may not provide users in response to access requests certain sensitive information and other consumers’ personal information, and may exclude information that would compromise the confidentiality of trade secrets. The CCPA also places limits on when companies must comply with a deletion request. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Here is how you can submit requests:
- To request access to or deletion of personal information collected, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (347) 687-2954. To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to confirm your identity by providing us with the email address that you used to create your Preset account, or with other details that we may need to verify your identity.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with the CCPA.